Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Cat Who - Author Lilian Jackson Braun



Penguin Group (USA), via Associated Press
Lilian Jackson Braun
I never read even one page of Lillian Jackson Braun's mystery books with titles that always featured the phrase 'The Cat Who,' but my grandma did. As a kid, I remember seeing grandma's signature bookmark of a tissue (unused...I'm pretty sure at least...) to hold the page in plenty of those paperback books.

 I never had the desire to read those books, and still don't, but I liked that a cat was part of each plot somehow. Even though I don't want to read the mystery series of Lilian Jackson Braun, I sure would love to read more about her and her life.
This one has something to do with UFO's I think

Lillian Jackson Braun died this last week at age 97. Each of her twenty-nine Cat mystery books were written longhand over the past 41 years.

You know what I love about that? The first book she published in this series happened when she was 56. It's never too late to write, and I have a feeling, the more experience and observations we make over the years of our lives, the more we have in us to genuinely, honestly write.

So many other career possibilities pass by with age, but writing celebrates it, uses it, and turns it into a treasure.

Here is the link to the article about Lilian Jackson Braun in the New York Times if you are interested in reading more about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment