Monday, July 11, 2011

Short Story Contest - No Entry Fee

Money, money, money....

I wanted to share this link to a short story contest with no entry fee: The Short Story


Top prize is 300 pounds sterling, which would be pretty awesome. The only caveat is this:  By submitting your work to The Short Story you grant them first serial rights and the right to archive your work online for an indefinite period of time. You retain all other rights.


If I enter my Dreamcatcher story and happen to win by some chance, I wonder if the win will affect any of the other contests I am currently waiting on (not that I am expecting to win those either, but you know, that IS the point/goal). The chances are so slim, I think I'm just gonna submit. If a miracle occurs and I become a finalist one place or another, I will withdraw from the other competitions. Whoever wants me first can have me! 


Anyone else up for submitting a short story???

1 comment:

  1. This sounds intriguing. I will check it out, and see what can become of it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete